Craft Beer – a Hopumentary
An absolutely fantastic video here called “Craft Beer – A Hopumentary” will get your juices flowing about craft beer.
The video itself is amazing for its content, editing, and overall production value, but the thing that really sticks out to me are the on-screen text facts that made it into the video:
- In 1887, there were over 2,000 breweries in the U.S.
- By the early 1980’s, there were little more than 100 breweries supplying in the U.S.
- In 2012, there were more than 2,300 breweries operating in the country.
- Craft breweries produce 7% of the beer sold in the U.S. but they employ 50% of all brewery employees.
- Craft beer sales have nearly doubled in the last 5 years from $5.7 billion in 2007 to $12 billion in 2012.
Think about that folks, in a little over a hundred years we’ve finally made it back to where we were before Prohibition. The sky’s the limit now. It’s a good time to be into craft beer.
P.S. Like the way I didn’t post an update on the site for an entire year and a half and then posted a new one like nothing happened? Would have gotten away with it too if my guilty conscience didn’t make me type this. Sorry!
Want The BeerFathers Email Updates?
Enter your email address and you'll get an email every time we post a new entry (usually a few times a week):